In the age of Electronic Health Records, HIPAA compliance isn’t optional – it’s mandatory.
Compliance has multiple, complex facets a busy practice should not have to devote internal resources to; a healthy practice should focus on patients, daily operations, and providing the best possible care.
Your practice needs a trusted partner with the experience and commitment to:
- Assess your needs
- Conduct a thorough Security Risk Assessment
- Develop a custom Risk Management Plan
Once completed, you need a partner that:
- Consistently ensures the Risk Management Plan is carried out
- Ensures that your practice remains in compliance
- Continuously monitors, manages, and maintains your IT infrastructure
- Regularly reviews and updates your policies and procedures
- Continually documents evidence of your adherence to policies and procedures and any changes in IT systems
To safeguard your practice and comply with the latest HIPAA requirements, Allstate Computers’ Comprehensive Security Risk Assessment includes these critical steps:
- Assessing current security measures
- Identifying and documenting potential threats and vulnerabilities
- Determining the likelihood of threat occurrence
- Determining the potential impact of threat occurrence
- Determining the level of risk
- Identifying necessary security measures
The Security Risk Assessment report will present your practice’s administrative, technical, and physical infrastructure deficiencies. The report documents your existing security controls and their effectiveness, the exposure potential, the likelihood of threat occurrence, potential impact of threats, level of risk, risk rating, and recommended security control measures. An equipment inventory is also included as part of the report.
The next step is Allstate’s development of a custom Risk Management Plan, taking into consideration that the practice must:
- Reduce risk
- Avoid risk
- Transfer risk
- Assess and document risks ultimately found to be an unnecessary drain on your resources
- Document all of these actions in compliance with regulatory expectations
The Risk Management Plan will include recommendations for mitigation of the deficiencies outlined in the Security Risk Assessment report. It is a comprehensive plan, covering all aspects that an audit or other proof-of-compliancy situation would require by way of documentation, including policies, procedures, and proof that your practice is taking all necessary actions.
Once we have accomplished these tasks, Allstate becomes your ongoing partner in managed Healthcare IT services to assist you in your continued compliance. There are continuing and necessary tasks, from review of asset chain of custody logs, required usage logs, on- and off-boarding users, data sanitization, data encryption, and more. Allstate Computers will thoroughly review all documentation quarterly, and periodically perform ongoing audits.
By working with Allstate Computers to conduct a thorough Security Risk Assessment, develop and carry out a Risk Management Plan, and partnering with us as your Healthcare IT provider, you further defend your practice against outside forces such as lawsuits, civil and/or criminal penalties, loss of reputation, and other acts that could result from a data breach. Let our experts protect your practice while you practice the business of healthcare.